Plumbing Inspector II
|Open Date||Oct 03 2019 - 01:00:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 18 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Plumbing Inspector II||Posting Type||Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Building Services||Hours per Week||35|
|Department||Planning & Development||Openings||1|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||5 years|
Whitby combines a small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities of a larger urban centre. Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts two beautiful heritage downtowns, one of the finest recreational harbours with two marinas, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, beaches and a robust arts and culture scene, all of which are part of the extraordinary amenities that Whitby residents enjoy every day. With a population projected to grow to 200,000 people within the next 15 years, Whitby has an exciting and aspiring future.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Building Services, the Plumbing Inspector II is responsible for performing legislated mechanical and plumbing inspections for Part 3 & 9 Buildings of the Ontario Building Code (OBC) within legislated timelines; ensures all AMANDA folders have inspection entries updated on a daily basis; perform plans examination for all buildings to ensure compliance with Part 7 and Building services requirements; liaises with other inspection staff, plans examiners and fire prevention officers about inspection standards, building code interpretations and status of permits; and consults with the Supervisor and Chief Building Official on issues arising on sites that may require orders and building code interpretations.
- Performs building inspections for OBC and zoning conformity along with maintaining records;
- Performs plans review for OBC and conformity along with maintaining records;
- Liaise with Building Division staff;
- Provides plans review and inspections of site services for all type buildings and private roads;
- Enforcement of the OBC with respect to illegal building activity, issuing orders, collecting evidence, attending court;
- Public Education-advising permit holders and consultants on building inspection processes and OBC interruption;
- Advise Supervisor and CBO of issues that require further review and interpretation
- Provides training and direction for Building Division staff
As the successful applicant, you must possess:
- 2 year (or greater) post-secondary College Diploma in Mechanical Techniques or certificate of Apprenticeship or Trade School;
- Licensed Plumber, with qualifications under the OBC as mentioned above;
- Minimum five (5) years experience in plumbing or related field, including apprenticeship;
- Valid G-class Driver’s License;
- Ministry of Housing qualification: Building Code Act, Building Services, Part 7;
- Strong research, analytical, technical, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills;
Posting Date: Thursday, October 3, 2019
Salary: Salary subject to skills, abilities and qualifications.
Union Affiliation: CUPE Full-Time
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 18, 2019
Application Instructions: To be considered for this challenging opportunity, please apply through the Town of Whitby website; Current Opportunities.
The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s knowledge and skills for the position.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise Human Resource Services of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.