Project Manager - Enterprise Solutions
|Open Date||Aug 23 2019 - 03:05:00 PM||Close Date||Sep 27 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Project Manager - Enterprise Solutions||Posting Type||Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Permanent|
|Department Group||Technology and Innovation Solutions||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||Bachelor's Degree||Experience||9 years|
|Salary Range||$95,891 - $112,813 per annum.|
Project Manager - Enterprise Solutions
Whitby combines a small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities of a larger urban centre. Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts two beautiful heritage downtowns, one of the finest recreational harbours with two marinas, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, beaches and a robust arts and culture scene, all of which are part of the extraordinary amenities that Whitby residents enjoy every day. With a population projected to grow to 200,000 people within the next 15 years, Whitby has an exciting and aspiring future.
Reporting to the Manager of Innovation and Projects, the Project Manager- Enterprise Solutions plays a central role in aligning the project needs of business units with the corporate strategic direction and capabilities delivered by the Technology and Innovation Services (TIS) division as it pertains to the delivery of an ERP solution. The incumbent will lead the ERP program from vendor and partner selection through to solution implementation and deployment.
Duties for this progressive role include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and governance throughout the project’s lifecycle from initiation to project close: Directs and oversee project staff in the implementation of project plans to ensure cost-effectiveness and manage change to preserve plan commitments to support the client throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage relationships with project stakeholders through effective communication on the status, activities and details of the project through various different communication channels (eg. reports, memos, emails, etc.) by selecting the most appropriate channel
- Plan, manage, implement and deliver complex technical solutions to successfully meet the requirements of project sponsors, stakeholders and business users to deliver and enhance both internal and external TIS services
- Act as a liaison between the various Departments, TIS Management Team, and TIS staff to proactively identify and bring strategic initiatives from concept to implementation
- Lead organizational change as in the delivery of a project by identifying, recognizing, planning and incorporating change management best practices.
- Manage Requirement and Project changes, conflicts and issues in order to ensure stakeholders and project team remain in agreement on the solution scope
- Determine training objectives, developing training content, and schedules ensuring training programs are administered with internal/external training professionals
- Ensuring that knowledge is current and up to date in order to better serve clients and with trending technologies and best practices in Project Management (PMI), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Business Analysis (IIBA) and Municipal government
- Attend forums and conferences such as MISA, PMI Durham Chapter, annual BA forums, Public sector project management forum (PSPMF) and other learning opportunities.
As the successful applicant, you must possess:
- University degree in a related discipline (e.g., Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, or related) is required;
- Nine (9) or more years of professional project experience in managing and delivering enterprise, multi-departmental projects from conception/idea to project close in an IT related field with a strong understanding of IT systems and ITSM processes is required
- Two (2) or more years of project supervisory experience leading technical professionals and/or vendors/consultants is required
- Certification as a Project Management Professional with the Project Management Institute (PMP) is required
- Knowledge and application of Project Management tools and techniques and the creation of associated documentation required in an IT/business environment
- Strong technical background and familiarity with processes and services delivered by Information Technology departments within the public sector.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills: Project plans, work breakdown elicitation, project task analysis, collection and refinement
- Excellent customer responsibility, communication and interpersonal skills: identify internal and external customers, types of service provided
Posting Date: Thursday, August 22, 2019
Salary: $95,891 - $112,813 per annum.
Primary Work Location: Town Hall
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Application Deadline: Friday, September 27, 2019
The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s knowledge and skills for the position.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise Human Resource Services of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.