Temporary Purchasing Clerk
|Open Date||Oct 07 2019 - 04:00:00 PM||Close Date||Oct 21 2019 - 11:59:00 PM|
|Position Title||Temporary Purchasing Clerk||Posting Type||Full-time|
|Posting Status||Active||Position Length||Temporary|
|Department Group||Purchasing Division||Hours per Week||35|
|Education||College Diploma||Experience||2 years|
|Salary Range||$22.95 - $28.66 per hour|
Temporary Purchasing Clerk
Anticipated for a period of up to three (3) months
Whitby combines a small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities of a larger urban centre. Located on the shores of Lake Ontario, Whitby boasts two beautiful heritage downtowns, one of the finest recreational harbours with two marinas, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, beaches and a robust arts and culture scene, all of which are part of the extraordinary amenities that Whitby residents enjoy every day. With a population projected to grow to 200,000 people within the next 15 years, Whitby has an exciting and aspiring future.
Reporting to and under the direction of the Purchasing Manager, the Purchasing Clerk is responsible for supporting the Purchasing Division in the preparation, coordination and processing of quotations, tenders and requests for proposals and procurement requirements.
Specific duties may include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Administering various purchasing support activities to ensure deadlines are being met for the issuance of tenders, quotations and request for proposals;
- Collecting, maintaining and ensuring compliance of Insurance and WSIB certificates as they relate to current and long term contracts;
- Preparing Purchase Orders and Blanket Purchase Orders for approval and issuance to vendors;
- Preparation, maintenance and removal of division’s retention files;
- Liaising with other departments; and,
- Other related duties as assigned.
As the successful applicant, you must possess:
- A college diploma in business administration or related field;
- A minimum of two (2) years related experience;
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access);
- Knowledge of service contracts, blanket purchase orders and general purchase orders;
- A sound understanding of purchasing ethics, procedures and legislation as they relate to procurement;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a busy environment;
- The ability to research and analyse information (verbal and numerical);
- The ability to communicate orally and in written form in a clear, concise and courteous manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, clients and the general public; and,
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision.
Salary: $22.95 - $28.66 per hour
Union Affiliation: CUPE Full-Time
Hours: Monday through Friday – 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; total of thirty-five (35) hours per week.
The selection process may include assessment methods to further determine a candidate’s knowledge and skills for the position.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please advise Human Resource Services of any accommodations needed to ensure your access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act, 2001 and the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
The Town of Whitby is an equal opportunity employer.
When applying for a position, please sign in using your account email and password. If you do not already have an account, please click on the “Don’t Have an Account?” link found on the sign in page. Please note that all applicants will need to create an account in order to apply for positions.